Feodorovsky Convent
Переславль-Залесский, ул. Московская, 85
Feodorovsky Female Monastery is located in Pereslavl-Zalessky on Moscow Street, 85. Founded in 1511 and first mentioned in historical documents of that year. Became female after the plague of cholera in 1667. Restored during the times of Mikhail Romanov and Archimandrite Rafael. The first stone church dedicated to Feodor Stratilat was built here in 1557 by order of Ivan the Terrible. The monastery closed in 1923 and returned to the Russian Orthodox Church in 1998. During World War II it was a gathering point for militiamen.
